Your contribution matters.
On Monday, February 6th, Turkey was hit by earthquakes of magnitudes 7.8 and 7.5 followed by multiple aftershocks. The disaster caused significant destruction in a large region covering southeastern Turkey and northern Syria. As of Feb. 14, the reported death toll has surpassed 40,000, and there are still hundreds of thousands suspected to be trapped under the rubble. Rescue and relief efforts in the region continue while survivors are in urgent need of shelter, struggling with hunger and extreme cold.
The International Students’ Organization and the Turkish Student Association are raising funds to assist ongoing rescue and relief efforts.
YOU CAN DONATE VIA VENMO TO @yaleISO, ALL DONATIONS ARE MATCHED 1:1 THROUGH OUR ALUMNI AND SENT TO ONGOING RELIEF EFFORTS
You can also donate directly to relief organizations following the links below.
- Ahbap (grassroots organization providing emergency relief): https://ahbap.org/disasters-turkey
- AKUT (volunteer search and rescue organization): https://www.akut.org.tr/en/donation
- Turkish Philanthropy Fund (supporting relief efforts through partner organizations in Turkey): https://donate.tpfund.org/campaign/tpf-turkiye-earthquake/c465112
- Molham (volunteer organization providing humanitarian relief in Syria): https://molhamteam.com/en/donate
- White Helmets (volunteer organization organizing search and rescue efforts in Syria): https://www.whitehelmets.org/en/
- Syrian American Medical Society (providing medical services in areas impacted by the disaster): https://www.sams-usa.net/donate/
For more information, you can contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.